Creative Scotland (CS) is the public body that supports the arts, screen and creative industries across all parts of Scotland on behalf of everyone who lives, works or visits here. We enable people and organisations to work in and experience the arts and creative sectors in Scotland. We do this by helping others to create culture through developing great ideas and bringing them to life. More information can be found on creativescotland.com.
CS has five ambitions framing our collective aims over the next ten years:
- Excellence and experimentation across the arts, screen and creative industries is recognised and valued
- Everyone can access and enjoy artistic and creative experiences
- Places and quality of life are transformed through imagination, ambition and an understanding of the potential of creativity
- Ideas are brought to life by a diverse, skilled and connected leadership and workforce
- Scotland is a distinctive creative nation connected to the world.
As well as our ambitions there are four connecting themes which run through all aspects of our work.
- Creative Learning
- Equalities and diversity
Our ambitions and connecting themes emphasise the importance of organisations and individuals that we support working collaboratively and imaginatively to increase opportunities for people to engage and participate.